That's not the only problem.

The source zip file seems to contain quite a few odd files:

derby.log
.lock
redo.log
locks
db.lck
log.ctrl
logmirror.ctrl
log1.dat

Not sure what all the .dat files are for. They don't look like source...

Also contains couchdb4j-0.1.2.jar which itself has some rather odd
content, and does not have a NOTICE file even though it appears to be
an ASF jar. Also its manifest is incomplete.

The source zip file seems to contain two copies of NOTICE and LICENSE
at the top level.
Maybe this is an artefact of Winzip.