Edward J. Yoon wrote:
Also, a mentor needs to be an Incubator PMC member.  Not sure
any of your proposed mentors are.  If they're Apache members,
they can just ask to become IPMC members.

Oh... Thank you for your advice.
Then, Should we ask to become IPMC members before mentoring and delay the vote?

I think you'll find it difficult to obtain 3 binding +1s until
you have enough (at least 2) Mentors.  If you, Jeff and Ian
already are Apache Members this will be very easy and there's
no reason to delay the vote, IMHO.

And just to be perfectly clear, when I say Apache Member, I
mean in the sense of
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#asf-members

Description of the Mentor role is here:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Mentor