I would start by asking on the general
Apache DB mailing list: http://db.apache.org/mail.html.

--Thilo

Rainer Döbele wrote:
Hello everyone,

We would like to donate our relational data persistence component called
Empire-db to the apache software foundation. According to the Incubator
documentation we need to find a Champion who can help us with the incubation
process.

Even though with iBatis, JDO and Torgue there already are several database
related projects, we think our Empire-db could be a great extension to the ASF
project list as it works considerably different in many ways. Most of all
Empire-db uses a Java Object Model rather than XML-Mappings or Annotations to
describe the database schema. Therefore all Tables, Views, Columns and so on
are Objects which can be referenced from the code to dynamically build SQL
commands or to access Data model metadata - entirely without the need to
provide string literals. This in turn significantly increases
compile-time-safety and simplifies testing and maintenance. Additionally uses
benefit from the IDE's code completion when building column transformation
expressions or constraints.

Empire-db is a mature project which has been proved its capabilities in many
medium to large scale projects. However we have only recently made it Open
Source under Apache 2.0 License.

There is a lot more information on the Empire-db website on
http://www.empire-db.org

If anyone would like to act as a Champion or knows someone who could be a
suitable Champion we would be happy to get his/her contact details and further
instructions.

Best regards,
Rainer