Jörg Reiher wrote:
Hello, I've got the following questions regarding the KEYS file and the md5+sha hashes for a release:

There is actually a KEYS file located at
http://people.apache.org/~reiher/Empire-db-incubating/KEYS
Is there something wrong with it or do we have to put it in any other place?

I used gpg to generate the MD5 and SHA hashes. The output of gpg differs from
what would be produced by md5sum, because gpg formats the values with blanks
between each HEX-String, md5sum doesn't.
Is this a problem? If so, the Apache guideline should take this into account
(http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#md5)

It can be a problem, see
http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg16141.html
And yes, the release signing FAQ should be updated to reflect this.

--Thilo