Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Jukka Zitting wrote:
>
>>> Does the ASF "endorse" these releases, and what does that endorsement mean?
>
>> yes...
>
> You are talking about a legal licensing matter, whereas discussion during the
> setup and formation of the Incubator was quite clear that Incubator releases
> are NOT to carry the ASF's imprimatur and unfettered brand.  Hence the
> restrictions and disclaimer requirements.

Color me confused again, but during setup and formation of the Incubator,
a podling had to graduate before doing a release.  It was rather well
established before this rule was modified, but it seems that this change
resulted in a number of different interpretations, some of which aren't
compatible with the ASF license.

Nobody is disputing the need for DISCLAIMER at the same visibility as the
LICENSE and NOTICE files.  But Maven doesn't demand click through license
acceptance, so click through disclaimers make little sense, either.