sasaboy wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> we are hosting Enhydra Shark workflow engine project on ObjectWeb
> (http://shark.objectweb.org/) and would like to move it to Apache.
> We would like to start an incubator project at ASF. How should we proceed?
> As we read, the candidate project should be approved by a sponsor to enter
> the incubator.
>
> A little bit about Enhydra Shark:
> It is the most popular open-source java workflow engine completely based on
> WfMC standards.
> It uses XPDL1.0 as its native workflow process definition language.
> It can be embedded into other Java applications (Swing, Console, ...) or can
> be used as a server through WebService, EJB, CORBA, ...
>
> Shark's modular, plug-in architecture makes shark suitable for integration
> into different kind of projects.
>
> It is a mature project started 5years ago, has a significant community and
> more than 100000 downloads on ObjectWeb. It is widely used all around the
> world in production, typically integrated into different kind of
> applications, from DocumentManagement and government applications up to
> applications for special purposes like bank services, HR, Help desk, ... and
> in many, many others
>
> We would take out the core engine's functionality and WebService wrappers
> from existing Shark project and would continue development on Apache.
> The goal of the Shark project on Apache would be to support XPDL2.1.
>
> How do we proceed? Thanks for any input.

My personal, non-official advice:  take the time and go through the
archives of this mailing list for the past 6 months or so.  You'll
find the answer to your question, and tons of information that will
be very useful to you down the road (not least of which, you'll get
a feel for how things are done around here).

--Thilo