Personally, I don't think log4php is ready for GSoC this year. It is the
wrong time. We are only just talking about resurrecting it yet again, there
is no real community going on. Part of GSoC at the ASF is to show what a
community is about in open source and part of the requirements of a GSoC
student is to engage in that community. So, we can't do that at the moment
and we should not try and use GSoC to try and get one.

The other part of GSoC requires a Mentor, having been one before this is not
a 5 minute job. The log4php current mentors do not have 5 minutes to spend
on the project as it is.

Sorry, lets concentrate on getting the project going again first, with luck,
we can ready for GSoC next year.

Gav...