Rich Bowen wrote:

> If, hypothetically, a project was considering entering the incubator,
> and if that project had an -extras repository for community-developed
> plugins to the project, and if some of those plugins were under non-
> ASL licenses, what would be the policy?

Are they compatible or incompatible licenses?  One is a matter of policy,
the other is possibly a matter of legal necessity.

If the former, then I don't see an issue, per se, although others may object
on the grounds that everything we release should be under our license.  And
there is the risk of a slippery slope.

If the latter, well now we really should get a concrete ASF level reply from
either legal-discuss or legal-internal.

So that's my 2 coppers.

        --- Noel