Vinayak, in some other mail you indicated that there's little code around
yet. So ...

Can we build this on top of StAX instead of Xerces (presumably SAX)? That
allows a high performant impl on top of Axiom, which would be very useful
for all projects that use Axiom (Axis2 & family, Synapse, Abdera, Tuscany (I
think) etc.). The StAX impl will allow CXF also to make good use of this and
should not affect the ability to build a DOM or DTM or any other model.

I would also love to see the Axiom binding done as part of this project but
that's not a requirement as that can be done externally.

Hmm thinking a bit more I guess the use of Xerces is just for parsing the
XQuery XML syntax bits right? You've obviously had to write a parser for the
non-XML syntax bits (which is a lot)? So then this is really an easy
request!

Sanjiva.