Yes, Wookie is a server-side Widget repository and runtime/state management application that implements the Google Wave Gadget APIs; it has an API for connecting to applications that manage participants and contexts, which can include waves but also traditional CMS and intranet groups etc. So it could plug into a Wave Server (c) to handle the gadget management task.