On Aug 5, 2009, at 9:58 AM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:

AFAIK Nowhere in the policy it is stated that committer activity ==
code commits.

Martijn

Absolutely right. I'd actually like to see more than 3 people with commit privs (and I think most projects have that). As a mentor I would be looking to see that the community is healthy - that there are discussions about code going on and that there is a clear indication that more than 1 or 2 people understand the code. I really don't think it is all that important who actually performs commits, although it is a great indicator that this is happening.

Ralph