On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:04 AM, David Crossley<cross...@apache.org> wrote:

> The NOTICE file is not for that purpose. Did you mean to
> say that you have seen "LICENSE" files containing pointers?

No, I don't mean LICENSE... IIRC (it was not yesterday), the NOTICE
file would contain something like;

"Portions of this software contains Foo from Bar Foundation, which is
under the Abc license. See licenses/license.foo"

A quick Googling reveals a couple of samples of licenses outside the
LICENSE, but of these only the first make any reference to look for a
file with the license text. I don't have time to dig up what I recall
(possibly erratically) from memory...

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/woden/trunk/java/
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xml/security/trunk/c/doc/

Cheers