On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 1:01 PM, sebb<seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/08/2009, Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com> wrote:
>>
>>  The vote is now closed with the following results:
>>
>>   * +1 votes: 3 (Matthias Wessendorf, Ant Elder, Ian Holsman)
>>   * 0 votes: 0
>>   * -1 votes: 0
>>
>>  The vote passes.
>
> I wish to raise an objection - there are several 3rd party libraries
> in the binary release which don't have have corresponding licenses in
> the LICENSE file.
>
> Furthermore, the NOTICE file fails to credit any of the 3rd party
> libraries, apart from Groovy.

Sebb, as has been said here on this vote thread, legal-discuss@, and
done in previous releases from other TLPs and poddlings, it doesn't
need to do either of those. The LICENSEs _are_ included in separate
license files and that is an OK approach. And AFAICT none of the 3rd
party dependencies require any mention in the NOTICE file, for example
the LEGAL-59 JIRA agrees nothing is required for the BSD license.

   ...ant