Hi Folks,

On behalf of Lucene.Net mentor, committers and community, this is a vote
call to graduate the Lucene.Net project
(http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/) as a sub-project under Apache
Lucene.

The Lucene.Net mentor, committers, and the community have voted like so:

  +1 Erik Hatcher (mentor)

  +1 George Aroush (committer)

  +1 Isik YIGIT (aka: DIGY) (committer)

  +1 Doug Sale (committer)

  +1 a total of 70+ Lucene.Net members / followers / users.

(with no -1 or 0 votes)

The vote result can be found here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lucene-net-user/200909.mb
ox/%3c166a01ca3739$13947380$3abd5a...@net%3e

In addition, the Java Lucene PMC have casted their vote to accept Lucene.Net
as a subproject under Apache Lucene.  The vote result is as follow:

  +1 Andi Vajda

  +1 Andrzej Bialecki

  +1 Michael McCandless

  +1 Jukka Zitting

  +1 Grant Ingersoll

  +1 Michael Busch

  +1 Chris Hostetter

  +1 Ted Dunning

  +1 Otis Gospodnetic

  +1 Simon Willnauer

(with no -1 or 0 votes)

The vote result can be found here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-general/200910.mbox/%3c2cd40
1ca4863$434ef290$c9ecd7...@net%3e

The rationale for graduation is:

  * Lucene.Net has been under incubation since April 2006 (3 1/2 years now).

  * During incubation, Lucene.Net has:

    - Made, 1 official release
(Incubating-Apache-Lucene.Net-2.0-004-11Mar07).

    - Released, as SVN tag, 18 ports of Java Lucene (from 1.9 to 2.4.0).

    - Released, as SVN tag, port of WordNet.Net 2.0, SpellChecker.Net 2.0,
Snowball.Net 2.0, and Highlighter.Net 2.0.

    - Released, MSDN style documentation for the above release.

    - Accepted, two new committers: Isik YIGIT (DIGY) digydigy @ gmail.com
and Doug Sale dsale @ myspace-inc.com were added in November 2008 (George
Aroush george @ aroush.net is the original committer).

    - The community has grown, with a healthy followers.

    - Is being used by well established companies in production (I'm not
sure what's the legality to mention their names here, or even if I have the
complete list).

    - Is being used by Beagle project.

  * Work is already under way to port Java Lucene 2.9 to Lucene.Net 2.9

If this graduation is approved, Lucene.Net will be officially called "Apache
Lucene.Net"

Please cast your votes:

[ ]  +1  Graduate Lucene.Net as a sub-project under Apache Lucene.

[ ]  -1  Lucene.Net is not ready to graduate as a sub-project under Apache
Lucene, because ...

This vote will close on October 20th, 2009.

Regards,

-- George