hi,

OpenLaszlo is used for compiling the Client. You don't need it to run the
Application. So it is not needed to re-destribute OpenLaszlo.
It is linked into the Application as Library, when you have compiled the
code you can remove OpenLaszlo's Framework.

Red5 does no transcoding. That is why its not relevant for Adobe Patents.
Red5 actually acts like a Proxy. It just takes what you send there and
broadcasts it to others. Besides that the RTMP Specification is meanwhile an
Open Specification published by Adobe:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/rtmp/
So there should be no Issue in red5 itself. But anyway, we use Red5 just
like a Library, we don't modify Red5-Code. We use the API that it provides
to connect to the clients and the other way round.

sebastian