If you use maven in your project:
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/apache-release.html

Don't know for ant builds, maybe this will help?
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
Is ivy able to upload releases? If it can you can upload them to the
apache nexus staging repository, see the maven-related documentation
for that.

Cheers,
Francis

http://www.somatik.be