From: Stefane Fermigier [mailto:s...@nuxeo.com]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 7:46 PM
To: chemistry-...@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Incubator-General
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] OpenCMIS incubator for Content Mangement
Interoperability Services (CMIS)

On Dec 11, 2009, at 7:10 PM, Florian Müller wrote:

> Chemistry uses Abdera to communicate with the server while OpenCMIS
> is based on JAX-B and some CMIS specific XML coding.

I've been personally asking myself recently wether it would be
feasible to drop Abdera in favor of JAXB in Chemistry, so IMHO it's
something that should be discussed together and not a division line
for us.

> There is a lot of code sharing between the AtomPub and the Web
> Services binding. (I couldn't find a Web Services client in Chemistry.

It would be great if you could contribute one.

> Here we are with a working code base that we cannot give up and that
> we will maintain in the future for obvious reasons. Our idea was to
> make it Open Source and let others benefit from our work. Apache
> seemed to be the right place - at least three days ago.

OK, I'm new to this Apache thing, but I don't believe this is the
Apache Way. See: http://theapacheway.com/ or
http://www.slideshare.net/jaaronfarr/the-apache-way-hk-sfd-2009

   S.

Web: http://www.nuxeo.com/ - Tel: +33 1 40 33 79 87