On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> ...By the way if you have a few minutes, some feedback about the resolution
>> that Eric attached would be cool...
>
> The resolution looks good to me, but the proposed PMC is really small:
>
>         * Jonathan Ellis            <jbel...@apache.org>
>         * Eric Evans                <eev...@apache.org>
>         * Jun Rao                   <jun...@apache.org>
>         * Chris Goffinet            <goffi...@apache.org>
>
> And all of its members are currently active in Cassandra only.
>
> Would it be possible for (some of) the mentors to stay onboard for a while?
> With only 4 PMC members to start with, the risk of being unable to get
> 3 votes on issues is real.

that's a good point, Bertrand. Those that are involved in other
communities are the
mentors, like Torsten, Matthieu or Brian (according to [1]). Looks like the only
exception is "Johan Oskarsson", but I am not to familiar with the
community itself
and its activity. However I noted that Johan voted for the graduation...

I am also not sure why the proposed PMC is that small. Some try to expand
their PPMC during incubation with all the active folks (mailings and commits).
So, I am not sure on the reason why there is this "small" (P)PMC.

-Matthias

[1] http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html

> -Bertrand

Matthias Wessendorf