On 30/04/2010 19:13, Paul Lindner wrote:
> Is there any chance that Amber could provide the OAuth plumbing for Shiro?

I'd hope so, but I'd be interested to hear any Shiro committers thoughts?

We think there's enough Apache projects with plans for, (or existing
v1.0), OAuth implementations that it makes sense for Apache to house a
single library to service that requirement.

There'd be a group of developers dedicated to working on and supporting
OAuth, which has benefits over each project attempting it's own
implementation.

From the interest in the project so far we hope that it'll get a good
amount of use in high demand sites fairly quickly which will help us
iron out any problems and build experience which we'll be able to
contribute back to other projects and external Amber users.