rat report looks good
signatures are ok
maven jars are the same as in other distribution - good work !
source builds

However, I found various dependencies which are not compatible with the ASF
license. These dependencies are NOT included in any distribution file.
However, as I read [1] ("which licenses are acceptable for use with an
Apache product"), dependencies must also comply with the 3rd party license
policy. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

mysql-connector-java is released under GPL, according to [2] . GPL
dependencies are not ok according to [3]

Not sure about hsqldb. It is not explicitly listed on [4], but as it is a
MIT style license, I presume it's ok, but IANAL.

The h2database is dual-licensed under a modified mpl and epl. Both need to
be appropriately labeled, see [5]. I do not see such prominent labelling in
the distribution.

The postgresql license is also not listed in [4]. I presume it's ok, but
IANAL.

So I'm afraid this is a -1.

    Thomas

P.S. Sorry for waiting so long with the review, but I have been very busy
personally and now finally managed to find a time slice for this.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
[2] http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/
[3] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x
[4] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a