Apache is an organization that runs on email, which is slower than Skype/IRC/telephone but far more effective in widespread asynchronous communication.

The incubator PMC is just like other PMCs. There is a very well documented process for adding members which is being followed.

Please have a bit more patience...

Craig

On May 8, 2010, at 4:32 AM, Gav... wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Julien Vermillard [mailto:jvermill...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, 8 May 2010 8:53 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Zeta proposal - Next steps

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<grobme...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry according to

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/ Incubation_Policy.html#Mentor he
should be in the Incubator PMC.

ah, sorry, I misread this paragraph. I thought only 1 mentor must be
member of the IPMC.

Christian is not an ASF member, but applied also for becoming an
IPMC
member.

I have no feedback so far from the IPMC. If this doesn't change I
cannot help on mentoring - but I will enjoy helping on the mailing
list and such.

Looks like there is a lot of latency from the IPMC.
Julien

Just a little while longer I'm sure.
I've shown my support for Christian, we just need to wait for the Incubator
PMC
chair to approve or not, and he is on his holidays currently I believe.

Gav...

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo