On 5/11/2010 7:14 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
On 11 May 2010 07:19, ant elder<ant.el...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Jeremy Hughes<hugh...@apache.org>  wrote:
The Aries community has voted on its first release. From the Aries home page:

"The Aries project is delivering a set of pluggable Java components
enabling an enterprise OSGi application programming model. This
includes implementations and extensions of application-focused
specifications defined by the OSGi Alliance Enterprise Expert Group
(EEG) and an assembly format for multi-bundle applications, for
deployment to a variety of OSGi based runtimes."

Aries is a multi-module project. The vote thread on aries-dev for RC5:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-aries-dev/201005.mbox/%3cl2wadbf02b11005050801hdb720bfse0dd3f748f81a...@mail.gmail.com%3e

concluded with 14 votes, all of them +1, four of which were binding
Incubator PMC votes from Jarek Gawor, Kevan Miller, Guillaume Nodet&
Davanum Srinivas.

The following Aries top level modules are staged and tagged in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/tags/ at revision
941288.

Modules staged at

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-009/

parent
eba-maven-plugin
testsupport
util
blueprint
jndi
transaction
web
jmx

Modules staged at

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-004/

jpa
samples

Modules staged at

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-010/

application

The RAT and IANAL build checks passed.

The KEYS file located here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/KEYS

contains the code signing key for myself, Jeremy Hughes, the release
manager for this release.

We already have 4 binding +1 IPMC votes on the aries-dev list, and I'm
opening up this thread for 72 hours for any further feedback on the
staged artifacts for release.

Thank you,
Jeremy

Its a slightly unusual release structure so apologies if I'm missing
it but where is the source release?
There are 12 top level modules, most with sub modules. For 'blueprint'
the source-release.zip is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-009/org/apache/aries/blueprint/blueprint/0.1-incubating/blueprint-0.1-incubating-source-release.zip

The pattern

If i'm not missing some other link
then something may have gone wrong in the release build,  as an
example, in the folder:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-009/org/apache/aries/blueprint/org.apache.aries.blueprint/0.1-incubating/

the source jar org.apache.aries.blueprint-0.1-incubating-sources.jar
is mostly empty and doesn't contain the source of
org.apache.aries.blueprint-0.1-incubating.jar.
Each of the sub-modules contain sources jars. These are for the
convenience of attaching to binaries in IDEs for example. The one you
mention is for a sub-module which acts as a collector to collect up
other sub-modules into a bundle. So it doesn't have any sources of its
own, so I guess technically that sources jar isn't required.
Except it contains the parent pom for the subprojects, so there really is something in there.

Rick

   ...ant