On 28/06/2010, Gabriele Columbro <colum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Incubator PMC members,
>
>  this to vote is the first incubator release for Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS,
> with the artifacts being versioned as 0.1.0-incubating.
>
>  The release has passed the Chemistry incubator PMC vote, see
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-chemistry-dev/201006.mbox/%3c3de3dd89-f9a3-4d72-8b7c-70d62d5ab...@gmail.com%3e
>
>  General release notes can be found at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chemistry/opencmis/tags/chemistry-opencmis-0.1.0-incubating-RC1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
> , while the detailed release notes can be found in JIra at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS/fixforversion/12315133
>
>  The SVN source tag (r958536) can be found at :
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chemistry/opencmis/tags/chemistry-opencmis-0.1.0-incubating-RC1/
>
>  The Maven staging repo can be found at :
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachechemistry-011/
>
>  Source release:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachechemistry-011/org/apache/chemistry/opencmis/chemistry-opencmis/0.1.0-incubating/chemistry-opencmis-0.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
>
>  Documentation release:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachechemistry-011/org/apache/chemistry/opencmis/chemistry-opencmis/0.1.0-incubating/chemistry-opencmis-0.1.0-incubating-docs.zip
>
>  Maven staging site:
> http://people.apache.org/~gabriele/chemistry/opencmis/0.1.0-incubating/site/
>
>  PGP release keys (signed using D0383AE5):
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chemistry/opencmis/trunk/KEYS
>
>  The vote open for 72 hours, please cast your votes!
>
>  [ ] +1  approve
>  [ ] +0  no opinion
>  [X] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Missing AL headers:
chemistry-opencmis-client/chemistry-opencmis-client-impl/src/main/assembly/client-with-dependencies-assembly.xml
chemistry-opencmis-commons/chemistry-opencmis-commons-impl/src/main/resources/wsdl/xml.xsd

The NOTICE file in the docs archives is almost completely wrong.

1 // ------------------------------------------------------------------
2 // NOTICE file corresponding to the section 4d of The Apache
License,
3 // Version 2.0, in this case for Apache JAR Resource Bundle
4 // ------------------------------------------------------------------
5
6 Apache JAR Resource Bundle
7 Copyright 2006-2008 The Apache Software Foundation
8
9 This product includes software developed at
10 The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
<<<

Lines 1-5 should not be present.
Line 6 & 7 relate to a different product.
Lines 8-10 are OK

The NOTICE file in the source archive is a lot better.
However it says "This product contains JUnit testing framework
library." which is not true, as far as I can tell. No need to mention
JUnit in NOTICE if it is a dependency which is not actually shipped.

Similarly for Woodstox - AIUI it is a run-time dependency, so it is
not actually included with the source release.

The NOTICE and LICENSE files should only refer to software that is
actually included in the release.

Minor problems:
RELEASE-NOTES.txt fails to mention JUnit and Woodstox.
The DEPENDENCIES file only mentions some of the dependencies listed in
RELEASE-NOTES.txt. At least one of these files must be wrong.