As a Member, and mentor, I take offense at being called a hawk,
lunatic, drive-by-shooter, process-obstructor, etc.

There is absolutely no reason to conflate changing the dynamics of the
Incubator by adding this kind of bile to the discussion.

I feel disempowered and insulted by the consistent bickering where a
few vocal people come down on the work the mentors volunteer.

I am sure that having long standing community leaders call the
incubation process lunacy or worse, Incubator PMC members hawks
furthers our mission of building communities that "Demonstrate ability
to tolerate and resolve conflict within the community" [1].

We're setting a great example here.

Martijn

[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Minimum+Graduation+Requirements

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.8