>> ...since ALOIS should
>> become a community project, I still think the followers of it should
>> decide which communication channell they prefer. (By the way, I myself
>> sure am no fan of chats.)...
>
> The "if it didn't happen on the dev list, it didn't happen" rule is
> not negociable, although additional communications channels can of
> course be useful.

I am not a fan of chats and not even sending chat protocols to the dev
list. Sending a completed chat protocol is just announcing the result
of a discussion with only a few partners. Its very difficult to step
up afterwards and of course difficult to read (imho). If I would be
the ALOIS project, I would remove this chat from my wishlist and go
with mailinglists only, what is the standard for all apache projects.

Just my 2 cent

cheers