I was present at those discussions, and I very much like the idea. One other
project that already works on Android is Apache ACE (deploying software
components to an Android based application that uses Apache Felix plus the ACE
management agent).

Learning about more project that work on Android, and getting more Android
projects at Apache would be nice.

Greetings, Marcel