On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 12:20 AM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to propose that the process for Incubator poddlings to make
> someone a new committer is simplified so that all that is needed are
> votes from poddling committers and that there is no longer any need
> for votes from Incubator PMC members or a separate Incubator PMC vote.

What makes me uneasy about this is that, notwithstanding the one
mentor vote, we are basically saying that the bar for ASF
committership can now be defined solely by a group of people who might
have no knowledge, as yet, of "the Apache way" in general and the way
meritocracy works in particular.

--
Martin Cooper