Cool. As one of the creators of OpenNLP (as part of my PhD work ten years
ago), I'm always happy to hear it is used in other projects!

I'm very excited about the possibility of OpenNLP becoming an Apache
project, and am very committed to supporting its long-term development in my
work. E.g., here's a system my group is building that has OpenNLP as a major
dependency: http://code.google.com/p/textgrounder/

--
Jason Baldridge
Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics