Instead of continuing this thread, I'd invite any of you to start
watching the isis dev list, and report in if you see evidence of a
failure to respect the core values that underly this argument.

Isis has several mentors. I am only one. The mentors, in general, felt
that the project had a strong enough understanding of the core values
of open decision making and communications that they could be trusted
to have phone calls and summarize them on list. So the project has
proceeded on the basis of that guidance.

A variety of IPMC members and, indeed, Foundation members, contributed
to the specific advice that the project received and has continued to
receive on this list.

So, it is clear to me that the IPMC and the Foundation do *not* have
an established consensus the forbids any podling from ever having a
phone conference. My remarks about 'no vote against' should be read in
that context.

If some of you think that the IPMC, or even the whole Foundation,
*should* establish such a consensus, by all means, start a
decision-making thread here or talk to board members.

I am not going to respond further on this thread to the matter of
ISIS's occasional Skype calls. I mean no disrespect, but I think that
everyone's views are represented. Some people are unperturbed, some
are worried, and some think it should never happen.