On 9 March 2011 16:40, Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The Apache Gora community has approved the 0.1-incubating release.
> This will be Apache Gora's first release since coming to the Incubator.
> We have three +1's IPMC binding votes so we ready to release, any
> input is appreciated.
>
> Thread about VOTE:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-gora-dev/201103.mbox/%3CAANLkTikaAJx==Sw3Or+S8ecLPjuAim=1+qgfjhqbw...@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> Thread about VOTE result:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-gora-dev/201103.mbox/%3cAANLkTikLfy74xkSr_0efBxLJM7OzbdZvDEuVgr_6v2T=@mail.gmail.com%3e
>
> Subversion tag for release:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/gora/tags/0.1-incubating

The NOTICE file is incomplete - it should look like:

http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice-text

There does not appear to be an Incubator disclaimer anywhere.
Easiest is to use a separate DISCLAIMER file which can be deleted on graduation.
The text appears at the bottom of the website, front page, but needs
to be in SVN and release archives.

It would be helpful if the README file had a brief description of what
Gora is, as well as details of how to build it.
[Just add the text from the website - what is gora?]

The following files don't have AL headers:

gora-core/src/examples/java/org/apache/gora/examples/generated/Employee.java
gora-core/src/examples/java/org/apache/gora/examples/generated/Metadata.java
gora-core/src/examples/java/org/apache/gora/examples/generated/TokenDatum.java
gora-core/src/examples/java/org/apache/gora/examples/generated/WebPage.java
gora-core/src/test/conf/core-site.xml
gora-tutorial/src/main/java/org/apache/gora/tutorial/log/generated/MetricDatum.java
gora-tutorial/src/main/java/org/apache/gora/tutorial/log/generated/Pageview.java

Consider adding the AL header as part of the file generator.

The XML file should have an AL header.

> The source release files are located here:
> http://people.apache.org/~hsaputra/apache-gora-0.1-incubating/rc2/

The sha1 file is in a strange format; ideally it should look like the
MD5 file as that is what many hash checkers expect.

Normally the archives are available in both tar.gz and .zip formats.

The source release agrees with the SVN tag, which is good, and the
hashes and sigs are OK, and the key is available from PGP servers.

==

I think the problem with the NOTICE file and the lack of a DISCLAIMER
are blockers.
The other items should please be fixed as part of the re-roll.