Hi,

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
<nour.moham...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Karl...
>
>   Most of things look OK, but I have some comments before giving my vote:

Sure :-)

> 1- I can find the DISCLAIMER, LICENSE and NOTICE files *only* under
> these sub-projects:
>  1.1 -
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ace/releases/org.apache.ace.target.devgateway-0.8.0-incubator/
>  1.2 -
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ace/releases/org.apache.ace.target.devserver-0.8.0-incubator/

They are included by maven when the artifact (as well as the source
artifacts are build). Have a look at the staged artifacts (binaries
and source). They should have the correct legal files.

> 2- I didn't find any e-mails sent to general@ indicating that there is
> a release under going in ace-dev@.

There was none. Apologies if that is a requirement but as far as I
understand the docs the idea was to have the release vote first and
then approach the incubator. Now, given that we nevertheless already
have 4 IPMC votes I'm just asking for lazy consensus - again, if any
of this is against current policy please let me know (pointer to up to
date documentation of the procedure would be much appreciated in that
case).

> 3- The key used to sign the release is not trusted by anyone.

Why not? You can get it from the ace svn:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ace/trunk/KEYS

furthermore, this key has been used by me to sign all apache felix
framework releases ever made -- hence, is available from:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/KEYS

but also from:

https://www.apache.org/dist/felix/KEYS

Hope that helps?

regards,

Karl

> Looking forward to your reply.
>
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is the first release of ace version 0.8.0-incubator and related
>> subprojects
>>
>> We have already received 4 binding IPMC votes during the PPMC voting
>> below, so I'm requesting a 72 hour lazy consensus before releasing the
>> artifacts.
>>
>> The vote thread:
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ace-dev/201105.mbox/%3cbanlktimw_15axkojkwvsvtdhfopvb_f...@mail.gmail.com%3e
>>
>> regards,