On 01/06/2011 22:26, Greg Stein wrote:
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 17:20, Benson Margulies<bimargul...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Ross Gardler<rgard...@apache.org>  wrote:
On 01/06/2011 19:51, robert_w...@us.ibm.com wrote:

dsh<daniel.hais...@googlemail.com>    wrote on 06/01/2011 02:16:58 PM:

And is it generally held to be a criterion
for a podling to graduate or even initiate, that it first persuade all
Linux distros to include it

Generally held by whom? Citation please?

Rob is *posing the question*. Basically, I read his message as a
diplomatic way to say "you're full of it, if you think distro adoption
is a requirement. take your red herring elsewhere". :-)

We don't care where it is used or how it is used. What we care about is
whether there is a healthy community around the code base. Who makes up that
community is not our concern, just as long as it is healthy.

That's basically what Rob said. Read it again :-)

I don't need to, I was answering Robs question with an IPMC hat. I was trying to support his position. I'm British I can't be as direct as you :-P

Ross