Jim -- thanks for reaching out to the OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice
communities with your emails.   This is important.

Since you've already started with the invites, I wonder if I could
recommend to you one more?  Another significant party that works in the
core OpenOffice source code is RedOffice, a division of Beijing Redflag
Chinese 2000 Software Co, Ltd.  You may not have never heard of them, but
they have a significant user base in China.  They've done some incredible
work customizing OpenOffice to have it support East Asian typographical
and document layout conventions, like better vertical writing support,
support for split or "kite" table headers, etc.  They regularly attend
OpenOffice.org conferences and I consider them an important part of the
community.

The person to contact there is:

Jin You Bing
VP of RedOffice
email:jinyoub...@redoffice.com

In your note, you may need to put give a bit more introductory information
about Apache and what this opportunity is.  I would not assume that the
chatter from the English-language tech press is headline news in Beijing.

Let me know if you want a hand with this.

Regards,

-Rob