Hi Jim,

Op 2-6-2011 16:42, Jim Jagielski schreef:
On Jun 2, 2011, at 9:21 AM, Simon Brouwer wrote:
I had already been so bold as to adding myself to the list, expressing my
support to the proposal. I was wondering though. In the OpenOffice.org project,
many community members contribute in other ways than committing code, for
example by writing or translating documentation, being active in the marketing
project, taking part in QA. Some concern has been expressed that, if the
meritocratic system in Apache is based on code contribution only, those
community members are not able to fully become part of the OpenOffice.org
Apache project or the Apache community.
Any one who suggest such a thing simply does not know nor understand
the ASF, plain and simple.
I think that is exactly the problem for many in the OpenOffice.org community. We didn't know of anything going on between OpenOffice.org and the ASF until Oracle's press release. So we have hardly had the opportunity to get acquainted ;)

--
Vriendelijke groet,
Simon Brouwer.

| http://nl.openoffice.org | http://www.opentaal.org |