On 6/1/2011 11:07 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 22:52,  <robert_w...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>> What am I missing here?
>>
>> According to the Incubation Policy [1]:
>>
>> "A Sponsor SHALL be either:
>>
>>    * the Board of the Apache Software Foundation;
>>    * a Top Level Project (TLP) within the Apache Software Foundation
>> (where the TLP considers the Candidate to be a suitable sub-project);or
>>    * the Incubator PMC."
>>
> They wouldn't. It was just a simple error in the section headings.
> There is the "Sponsors" subsection, with several subsections. There
> shouldn't have really been anything under that main section, so I
> removed it and adjusted the subsections.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal

Is this correct?  From what we've witnessed, the Board appears to have
presented this to the incubator on behalf of the proposers.  Although this
doesn't change the need for the incubator to vote to accept the podling,
it does seem to be a request at the behest of the Board of the ASF, and
should be marked as such under Sponsoring Entity, no?