On Jun 3, 2011, at 11:09 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> Please see Simon Phipps' email earlier today that contained a very similar
> suggestion with some more detail, it would be nice to bring these two threads
> together.

Simon's email, from what I can tell, boils down to:

  1. The podling goes along as suggested.
  2. The TDF continues business as usual.

If the whole point of this discussion is to figure out
*how* the communities will work together, I fail to see
how that helps... After all, if that was the case, then
why even discuss things w/ TDF ("you guys just keep on doing
what you're doing... don't worry about what's going on
here." :) ). We could have done all that already.

color me confused: first Simon slams the ASF for not actively
engaging TDF and others (although we, of course, did) but now
his suggestion is to basically ignore each other...

At no point did I see anyone suggest that TDF totally shut
down and stop doing anything...