On 6/3/2011 1:17 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Are you ready to call for a vote? :)

I'm certainly not support OOo from 2 committers and 1 mentor.  It would
be good to see the rest of that list hashed out and know that those already
on board are good with the individuals signed up (including IBM folks who
have not yet signed on, and any Oracle folk engaged 'if only for the time
being').  If they expect to be committing, I expect their names on the
original proposal.  You apparently feel quite ready given the time you have
spent thinking this through, but since the bomb dropped on the rest of us
6/1, it would seem appropriate to let this play out until 6/8 for a vote on
the initial committer roster.

About mentors, I'd strongly nominate Shane as a mentor, because I believe
that the whole OpenOffice.org trademark policy alignment is going to require
hand holding between our TM policy maker and the projects/consumers of that
mark.  Also, Sam seems to have a great deal of insight and would benefit the
project to serve as both Champion and Mentor.  Finally it would be good to
have on member of ComDev step up to help with community issues.  I wish I
could volunteer myself for a mentoring task, but can't realistically find
that many free cycles to do a proper job of mentoring right now.

Shane & Sam, and some member of ComDev, if you would serve, please add
yourselves to the Mentor roster?
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal