On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM, dsh <daniel.hais...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Besides that, I was asking myself why Rob is the only one who could
>> > add such a tone to the proposal? If there would be consensus that open
>> > and proactive collaboration with other parties is important it's up to
>> > the community to add such a tone to the proposal.
>> >
>> > What do you think?
>>
>> The reason it is a wiki is exactly for this reason.  Go for it!
>
> What are the exact rules, Sam? Those of us who aren't insiders will be very
> reticent indeed about editing.

Rules?  :-)

>From http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html :

"The incoming community needs to work together before presenting this
proposal to the incubator. Think about and discuss future goals and
the reasons for coming to Apache. Feel free to ask questions on list."

As long as people are constructive and working together, there will be
no interference.  If it turns out that there are groups with multiple
visions, we can split this page into separate proposals.  Defacement
of the proposal will be quickly reverted.

> S.

- Sam Ruby