On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

> It provides over 150 other projects, all of them are useless to you ?

Yes, almost all of them are Java, and I don't have Java installed on
my laptop or server.
http://projects.apache.org/indexes/language.html

Apache is clearly useful to lots of other people, but by picking Java
it has hurt its situation in the Linux community with people like me.

> You see, I've seen you and others mention forking is bad, blah blah, yet
> LibreOffice
> IS A FORK of OpenOffice. What a contradictory statement. What a huge one.

LibreOffice was a useful fork. Sun / Oracle were screwing things up.
Now that Oracle has given up OO, the fork can be undone.

> Git loves forking, LibreOffice uses Git.

That isn't the social engineering I'm talking about.

-Keith