On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You cannot simply strip the Apache License off of the code. You must
> respect its terms.
>
> Your overall work could be GPL'd, but that one file that comes with an
> ALv2 license must continue to have that license. Stripping the header
> off of it, and applying a different license, is a copyright violation.

I have not seen a lawsuit over an Apache license, though I've only
been watching for a few years. Is it possible?

I believe I can sublicense it or something, with terms that make the
whole thing proprietary. People can make Apache code proprietary
somehow, right? That is the big benefit of it. And when I've done
that, I don't have to worry about the old redistribution terms or any
of the old terms anymore.

-Keith