From: Greg Stein [mailto:gst...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 20:45
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Questions for the cheap seats.

[ ... ]

Not speaking for the Board, but this is what I'd lobby for: that we package up
all the code that was granted to us, apply the ALv2, and drop the tarball onto
archive.apache.org.

Third parties could pick up that code under the ALv2 license, but it would
never be a "released product from Apache". Other producers of OOo-related
software could incorporate that code, should they wish.

[ ... ]