Christian Grobmeier schreef:
>> We didn't balk when Geronimo was proposed, despite complaints from
>> JBoss.
>> We didn't balk when Felix (nee Oscar) was proposed.  We didn't balk in
>> other
>> cases.  We have never picked winners, we have incubated projects and
>> let the
>> community pick the winners.  I don't see a reason to change our
>> philosophy
>> now.
>
> Geronimo is not the same case as OOo.
>
> With Geronimo people came and wanted to create it, because they were
> not happy. The company complained.
>
> With OOo the company was nasty and people went away and were happy.
> The company wants the project at the ASF, and some people complain
> now. After all I never really heard the words "I want it at the ASF"
> from somebody with OOo adress

My opinion, as an independent OpenOffice.org community member, is that
OpenOffice.org was, for most of its life, in excellent hands with
Sun/Oracle all things considered. Given that Oracle has decided to pull
away, I think handing it to an open source minded, vendor-neutral, mature,
capable organization such as the ASF will provide it the best
opportunities for continued success.

--
Vriendelijke groet,

Simon Brouwer