On 6/7/2011 11:11 AM, Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 4:52 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Just to clarify, only source code is "released" by the ASF.  Yes, there may
>
> I don't believe this is true - we have to release the source, but
> anything we distribute is considered released and needs to be
> checked/approved - and the release FAQ seems to agree with that
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what

Really?  Where do you get that?

"The Apache Software Foundation produces open source software. All releases are
in the
form of the source materials needed to make changes to the software being
released. In
some cases, binary/bytecode packages are also produced as a convenience to
users that
might not have the appropriate tools to build a compiled version of the source.
In all
such cases, the binary/bytecode package must have the same version number as
the source
release and may only add binary/bytecode files that are the result of compiling
that
version of the source code release."