On 22 June 2011 06:04, dan haywood <d...@haywood-associates.co.uk> wrote:
> This is the first release of Apache Isis (incubating).
> We have already received 3 binding IPMC votes during the PPMC voting
> [1,2], so I'm requesting a 72 hour lazy consensus before releasing
> the artifacts.
> Please vote now.
> [ ] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1
> Many thanks
> Dan Haywood
> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-isis-dev/201106.mbox/%3c4dfefa3e.4060...@gmail.com%3E
> [2]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-isis-dev/201106.mbox/%3c4e003820.6010...@gmail.com%3E
> [quote from="isis-dev" reason='to help you validate the artifacts yourself
> if you wish']
>
> I've staged a release candidate for Apache Isis,
> namely 0.1.2-RC4-incubating.

There's no NOTICE file at the top-level of the tag; it should appear
alongside the LICENSE file.

It does appear in the source archive, which is supposed to be derived
from SVN...

> This release candidate removes the dependency on XOM (an LGPL library).  It
> also upgrades another dependency (RestEasy) from an older version that was
> LGPL to a new version that is licensed under ALv2.
> Note also that the DEPENDENCIES file (in the root of the source ZIP) also
> now correctly aggregates dependencies on all modules and submodules that
> make up the release.
> The signed source ZIP can be downloaded from my home directory on
> people.apache.org:
> *
> http://people.apache.org/~danhaywood/isis-0.1.2-RC4-incubating-source-release.zip (zip
> file), and

The source archive contains lots of files that don't appear to be in
SVN, including log files and some class files.
Also lots of META-INF dirs and MANIFEST.MF files. These should not be present.

Something has gone wrong with the packaging.

> http://people.apache.org/~danhaywood/isis-0.1.2-RC4-incubating-source-release.zip.asc (signature)
> The code has been tagged as tags/0.1.2-RC4-incubating.
> In addition, the Maven artifacts have been staged to staging repository on
> repository.apache.org:
> * https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-070/

The NOTICE files in the jars don't have the correct project name - the
Apache prefix is missing.
For example, the file in applib-0.1.2-RC4-incubating-sources.jar says:

Isis AppLib

it should be

Apache Isis Applib

And groovy-applib-0.1.2-RC4-incubating-javadoc.jar NOTICE says

Groovy ProgModel AppLib

which does not even include Isis!