On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...Relating to the NOTICE file, it would seem that [1] is inconsistent with
>> [2].  If these discussions on legal did occur, then it would seem that
>> no-one on the legal team updated [1] to reflect new policy.
>
> I think [1] is correct, the important bit is that NOTICE is for
> *required* third-party notices, the idea is to minimize what's in
> there.
>
> See also related discussions here:
> http://markmail.org/message/ik3o5vl24o57lfsx
> http://markmail.org/message/a5xkiggxirc77xnv

(Thanks for digging out these links 8-)

This is the way I understand the situation as well

>> [1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice
>> [2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRRESOURCES-32

IMO generating and verify that assembled applications have correct
LICENSE and NOTICE attributes is not trivial, and requires tooling
beyond remote-resources...

Robert