+1

The main thing is that Apache must be able to rely upon the license contained in the files.

This is the same reason that we don't routinely accept contributions that are licensed "in the public domain".

Just because a file says it has a particular license doesn't mean that the contributor of that file has the legal right to contribute it.

Bottom line: we need to establish the legal right of the contributor to contribute any files to an Apache project.

Craig