On 08/17/2011 10:41 AM, sebb wrote:
On 15 August 2011 19:20, Richard Frovarp<rfrov...@apache.org>  wrote:
Please vote on the release candidate for Apache Droids Incubating, version
0.1-incubating. I've received one binding IPMC +1 votes and 4 non-binding +1
votes.

PPMC release vote thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-droids-dev/201107.mbox/%3c4e31b811.3080...@apache.org%3E

Source files:
http://people.apache.org/~rfrovarp/droids/

-1

Only 1 file visible to me - no sigs or hashes.

All release artifacts must be signed and have at least one hash.

I fully get your point, but they do. One can find everything here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedroids-008/org/apache/droids/droids/0.1.0-incubating/

In the future, is there anything wrong with pointing to the Maven staging repo for the source release part of this? Convention shows that people put it in their home directories. I simply just did a wget of the one file and forgot to grab the sigs and hashes. I can grab everything, but just pointing to the staging directory would be simpler.

Also the source archive contains some files that are not in SVN:

droids-solr/data/index/
- segments.gen
- segments_l

These seem to be generated binary files, and should not be included.

Normally Maven is quite good at separating generated code, as that is
created under target/
Perhaps there is a problem in the build process that puts the
generated data in the wrong place?

The Solr config file that is used in the testing phase didn't put them in target. That has been fixed in source.

==

The NOTICE file contains the sentence "See also the file LICENSE."
This should be removed, as it's not necessary (not a blocker of itself).

Updated.

As always, thanks for the review.