On 18 August 2011 01:29, David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 04:32 +0100, sebb wrote:
>> On 17 August 2011 00:54, David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I just uploaded the second release candidate for Deltacloud 0.4.0. The rc
>> > is
>> > available from http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.4.0/rc2/
>>
>> Is there an SVN tag that corresponds with the release?
>
> Yes,
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/deltacloud/tags/release-0.4.0-rc2/

There should be the NOTICE and DISCLAIMER files alongside the LICENSE
file at the top level of the tag.

I'm having problems reconciling the contents of the SVN tag with the
tgz file contents.
All source content should be present in SVN.

Generally all SVN content is also present in the archives, but there
can be exceptions, e.g. for sandbox code and the DOAP file.
But if some source is omitted, it must still be possible to build the
code from the source archive without needing to check out SVN source.

>> Also, what about the KEYS file so sigs can be checked?
>
> That's in the official download directory:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/deltacloud/

I notice that your key does not mention apache at all.
Perhaps you could add your apache e-mail address?

>> The NOTICE file says 2010
>> It also mentions 3rd party software by IBM and others, but there don't
>> seem to be any corresponding licences in the LICENSE file.
>
> I will fix both these for the next rc. Do I need to include the full
> text of licenses ? For example, for an MIT licensed component, do I need
> to add
>
>        MIT License
>          ... full text ...
>
>        Component XYZ, written by hack...@example.org, is licensed under
>        the MIT license provided above

Yes, see for example the httpd license file at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/LICENSE

>> The jquery headers state that the code is available either under the
>> MIT or GPL 2 licences; the LICENSE file needs to be very clear which
>> one we are choosing, as the ASF policy is not to include GPL 2 code.
>
> Yes, using them under MIT is the intent.

Good, then mention this in the LICENSE file.

>> Sorry, but I think these are blockers.
>
> Thanks for pointing these out; I'll send another mail when rc3 is ready,
> hopefully tomorrow.

3rd time lucky?