I've been in touch with Sebastian and Alexei and I am willing to champion the
proposal. Just added myself to the corresponding section on the Wiki. I think
we may still need to refine / update the proposal a bit before we can start the
vote. But IMO we are very close to this point. The technology has been
developed in the open from the start, so I see no problems with the community
aspect or a single company controlling the project. Potential licensing issues
have been identified, and the project members are working towards a compatible
resolution. So I think the project is a perfect fit for Apache.

In the meantime, if there are more willing mentors, please sign up. Also if
somebody has more comments on the proposal, speak up now.

Thanks,
Andrus