  http://community.apache.org/projectIndependence.html

Healthy Apache projects recognize that having an ecosystem of volunteers and commercial companies working on/with/around their software is helpful both for our users and for the Apache project itself. We are happy to let our user communities know about the work of these other volunteers and companies - as long as it's done in a factual way, and doesn't imply endorsement or approval of any specific companies over other ones.

- Shane

On 2011-12-13 5:23 AM, seba.wag...@gmail.com wrote:
How does the ASF deal with requests from companies that would like to get a
certificate as reseller of a software?

Are (Podling) Projects allowed to organize a "Certification" program for
distributors and collect funds for their project that way?

Collecting funds that way is a common way of Open Source projects, also
Apache has a sponsor page et cetera. However the companies listed there
contribute to the Foundation in general.
The question is if each project of the foundation additionally can have its
own Gold, Silver, et cetera Sponsorship program.
Or for example can collect funds from a list of "partners" similar to for
example http://moodle.com/partners/list/

Thanks
Sebastian